Livestock & Realty

Cattle Sales


When are your cattle sales held?

Biggenden Meatworks and Store sales are held every 2nd Monday at the Biggenden Saleyards starting at 9.00am.  You can view our Sale Calendar. We also hold special sales throughout the sale year which include a steer sale and two weaner sales.

I have never sold cattle with Burnett Livestock & Realty.  What do I need to do?

1. New vendors to Burnett Livestock & Realty will need to complete a Client Information Sheet.  This can be obtained by clicking here or contacting our office on phone 41 271 277 or email

2. Vendors will need to have LPA accreditation with a National Vendor Declaration and Waybill C0413 edition.  To gain accreditation or to order NVD’s contact the MLA 1800 683 111 or visit the MLA website. Refer the our Newsletter & Alerts page to see the latest industry updates.

3. National Cattle Health Declarations are recommended but not compulsory.  For more information – click here

NEW PRODUCERS -This is a handy checklist provided by LPA to help ensure you are ready to sell cattle – click here

Are NLIS tags compulsory?

Yes.  All cattle need to be fitted with an approved NLIS device before being transported from the property to the saleyards.

Do I need to brand my cattle?

Yes. By law, cattle offered for sale weighing 100kg’s and over must be branded. The brand/s must be noted on the National Vendor Declaration.

What is the curfew?

The curfew for cattle to arrive at the yards is by 5.00pm the day before the sale.

Do I have to transfer my eartags/RFID’s from my PIC?

No.  All the transferring of tags is handled by the Biggenden saleyards administration staff.  This is done within 24 hours of the sale completion.

When will I receive my cattle prices?

If you have an email address or fax number these reports are sent to vendors and purchasers on completion of the sale. To change any of your details including fax numbers or email address please complete a Client Information Sheet and forward to the office.

When will I get paid for the cattle I sold?

Payment is made 14 days after the date of the sale.  An account sale (a Recipient Created Tax Invoice – RCTI) is emailed or posted to coincide with payment.

If I purchase cattle, what are your payment terms?

If it is your first purchase, Burnett Livestock & Realty will require you to pay before the cattle leave the saleyards/holding facility.  For recurring purchasers, an invoice will be issued on the day after the sale and payment must be made within 7 days of purchasing the cattle.  Ownership of cattle or products remains with Burnett Livestock & Realty until the invoice is paid in full.  Overdue accounts will attract 12% daily interest from the invoice date.

What is the Biggenden Saleyards PIC?

The PIC for the Biggenden Saleyards is QIBG2000



Do I need a Biosecurity Plan?

Yes.  If you want to continue accessing National Vendor Declarations you will need a biosecurity plan.  As of 1 October 2017 it is a compulsory part of your accreditation process.

Where can I get a Biosecurity Plan From?

All resources are web based – we do not have copies available for distribution at our office.  If you need a hard copy see below.  Alternatively, there are multiple available online (links below).  Pick the one that suits you and your operation.

Click here to access the MLA/LPA producer pack which includes a Biosecurity Plan

For the tech savvy there is also a FREE Biosecurity app |

Who Do I Contact If I have Issues Filling It Out?

Meat and Livestock Australia who administer the LPA program Phone | 1800 683 111

Where Do I have to Lodge My Biosecurity Plan Once Completed?

You keep it on file and use it as a resource to improve your operation and amend procedures if needed.  If you get audited you may need to produce it.

I Have Heard There Is A Cost Involved?

Yes.  From 1 October 2017 when producers renew their accreditation there will be a $66 fee every three (3) years.  This will be payable to Meat and Livestock Australia who administer the LPA system.

Useful Links

DAF (Department of Agriculture and Fisheries) – click here

MLA (Meat & Livestock Australia) – click here

APVMA (Australian Pesticide and Veterinary Medicines Authority) – click here

NLIS (National Livestock Identification System) – click here

SAFEMEAT – click here;  By-product stockfeeds and supplementary feed information – click here

My MLA – Sign up to have a central log in | Click Here

Farm Biosecurity | Click here

Livestock Biosecurity Network | Click here

Animal Health Australia | Click Here

National Cattle Health Declaration | Click Here