Livestock & Realty

Cattle Sales

What is An LPA NVD?

What is an lpa nvd


Each time livestock are bought, sold or moved off a property, the livestock consignment must be accompanied by a form of movement documentation. Usually this is a combined LPA National Vendor Declaration (LPA NVD).

You must be LPA accredited before gaining access to LPA NVDs.

What information is included on an LPA NVD?

The LPA NVD asks the livestock owner a series of questions about the livestock’s history. It also contains a declaration from the livestock owner that all information provided on the LPA NVD is true and correct. There are also sections to be filled out by the person responsible for the livestock while they are being moved and agents where they are involved in a transaction. For details on how to fill out an LPA NVD, review the explanatory notes for cattlebobby calvesEU cattlegoats, and sheep and lambs.  Download the attachment to the LPA NVD

What is the latest version of the LPA NVD?

The current versions are:

What is an eNVD?

An eNVD is an electronic version of the LPA NVD.

The eNVD simplifies the completion process as it takes producers through the components of an LPA NVD step-by-step and can be printed once completed.

To validate the eNVD, three copies must be printed and signed with copies provided to the transporter, livestock receiver and one retained for your records.  At this stage the Biggenden saleyards will only be accepting printed copies.  

Producers may access the LPA Service Centre to complete all available declarations at no cost.

The Biggenden Saleyards PIC is QIBG2000

How can I order LPA NVDs or envds?

Once you are registered and accredited with LPA, you can acesss eNVDs online at any time via the LPA Service Centre. Both hard copy forms (books)  and electronic LPA NVDs (eNVDs) are available. You can order LPA NVD books by calling 1800 683 111 (9am – 5pm Monday-Friday, AEST).

Each LPA NVD booklet contains 20 LPA NVDs and costs $40.00 (GST inclusive). This price includes all postage and handling.

What if I need an emergency LPA NVD?

Emergency LPA NVD are essentially the same as an eNVD and available only in emergency circumstances, when a conventional LPA NVD or eNVD is unavailable and an order for a NVD book has been placed and a producer is awaiting receipt of their new book. Emergency LPA NVD can be accessed online through the LPA Service Centre or via the LPA hotline on 1800 683 111 (Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.00pm AEST).


National Vendor Declarations – Important Information

Buyers are really cracking down on how National Vendor Declarations (NVDs) are completed. Some important areas to note are:

All NVDs must be signed in the Declaration section (above the carrier section)

Question 3 must be ticked either yes or no – you CANNOT tick both. If you are sending a mixed consignment of vendor bred and purchased cattle either send two NVDs or treat all of the consignment as the cattle you have owned the least amount of time eg: you have owned some of the cattle for 6-12 months, some you have owned for over 12 months and some you have owned since birth, then mark them all as 6-12 months.

Do not write Russian or Saudi Eligible on your NVD – there is no need for this anymore as the C0413 NVD version has negated this comment.

If you make a mistake clearly cross it out and initial the changes.

If you are selling some cattle with HGP and some without, or some cattle with a chemical withholding period and some without, or some cattle you have owned for less than two months and some for longer, then we advise you to use two different NVDs to sell these cattle.